Mortgage Loan Officer/Originator
The Mortgage Loan Officer originates mortgage loans, promotes the financial institution and its lending services to the real estate community and helps to identify and serve the community’s financial needs through home loan counseling, real estate seminars and community activities. Belmont Savings Bank is a MA licensee lender.
A Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or experience and a minimum of 5 years experience in a loan officer setting with proven sales ability and excellent communications skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with computer proficiency required. The incumbent must have transportation to meet customers and realtors at their office and the ability to work remotely with internet access. A laptop with remote access will be provided the Bank. The incumbent will have the ability to work remotely and must be motivated and self-directed to reach set goals.
Specific Job Functions:
- Originates mortgage loans by soliciting business and informing borrowers of specific loan programs.
- Prescreen loan requests; interview loan applicants; complete loan applications in a timely manner.
- Orders appraisals, credit reports, pre-legal, flood certifications.
- Communicates approvals and denials to borrowers; explain underwriting decisions to borrowers.
- Distributes sales related material to the real estate community.
- Promotes CRA related programs and sponsors home buyer seminars.
- Develops and maintains contact with local businesses, builders, real estate brokers, etc.
- Participates in local business and community activities.
- The Board and Senior Management of Belmont Savings Bank are committed to maintaining an effective compliance management system and establishing a positive climate for regulatory compliance including demonstrating clear and unequivocal expectations about compliance. It is the expectation of the Board and Senior Management that all colleagues will comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and be held accountable for compliance applicable to their role and position responsibilities. Non-compliance with applicable regulatory requirements will not be tolerated and may result in further disciplinary action ranging from a written warning up to and including termination of employment
- Assumes additional responsibilities as may be required.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.