Mortgage Post Closer
Under the general supervision of the Secondary Market Manager, performs Quality Control and post closing review of self originated residential mortgages and correspondent mortgage loans purchases. The position will also be cross trained on funding loan purchases and other duties to back up the Secondary Market as necessary.
Candidate should have a two plus years’ experience in mortgage quality control or post closing and a familiarity with pricing and delivery to secondary market investors. Knowledge of CFPB and MA statue regulations, Loan Origination Systems, and Ellie Mae Encompass, a plus. Strong customer service and communication skills to solve issues and problems.
Specific Job Functions:
Review post purchase conditions from investors to cure any open/new deficiencies found.
- Confirm that all loan terms, fees and documents in the funded loan package are accurate, including but not limited to the note, mortgage deed, CD, and at closing conditions
- Confirm LE and change of circumstance forms have been completed correctly and loan fees do not exceed tolerances
- Communicate with borrowers, internal departments, title/settlement agents, investors, and correspondents for missing documentation and status updates
- Issue suspense/findings reports based on funded loan reviews
- Review and clear documents received.
- Input system data for loans purchased and sold to correspondents and investors
- Ship loans and track funding for sold loans, clearing discrepancies with investors to ensure timely funding.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all federal and state loan regulations
- The Board and Senior Management of Belmont Savings Bank are committed to maintaining an effective compliance management system and establishing a positive climate for regulatory compliance including demonstrating clear and unequivocal expectations about compliance. It is the expectation of the Board and Senior Management that all colleagues will comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and be held accountable for compliance applicable to their role and position responsibilities. Non-compliance with applicable regulatory requirements will not be tolerated and may result in further disciplinary action ranging from a written warning up to and including termination of employment.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org