The Staff Accountant II, under the direction of the SVP/Director of Accounting Operations, performs a variety of accounting and operational duties in support of the Finance department and other business lines throughout the Bank.
Candidate should have BS degree in accounting/finance and 3+ years accounting experience in a banking environment. Good problem solver with strong accounting/financial fundamentals. A working knowledge of Excel and Word, good communication and people skills and must be a team player.
Specific Job Functions:
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly operational functions
- Interacts with a variety of Bank personnel in resolving various balancing and related issues
- Develops full understanding of Bank’s financial systems and operations
- Performs the reconciliation of correspondent bank statements and general ledger accounts
- Supports routine bank accounting processes as directed, including all calculations, record keeping, proof and reconciliation functions
- Assists with the administration and execution of wire transfers
- Assists with department record retention requirements
- Manages the accounts payable, fixed assets, and prepaid items functions
- Performs a variety of daily processing and reconciling activities
- Develops analytical methods to review income and expense activity
- Prepares internal reporting for monthly Board package
- Prepares budget variance analysis at department level
- Assists Director in support of oversight of Vendor Management program
- Provides operational support to other business lines in the Bank
- Works well in a team environment.
- The Board and Senior Management of Belmont Savings Bank are committed to maintaining an effective compliance management system and establishing a positive climate for regulatory compliance including demonstrating clear and unequivocal expectations about compliance. It is the expectation of the Board and Senior Management that all colleagues will comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and be held accountable for compliance applicable to their role and position responsibilities. Non-compliance with applicable regulatory requirements will not be tolerated and may result in further disciplinary action ranging from a written warning up to and including termination of employment.
- Assumes additional responsibilities that may be required