Belmont Savings Bank Foundation Announces Winners of Charitable Giving Program
NEWTON - The Belmont Savings Bank Foundation today announced the winners of a $30,000 grant program for its charitable giving initiative in Newton. All organizations on the voting ballot were invited to a reception held at the Newton Marriott on November 18th from 6-7:30pm.
The top five charitable organizations were:
- 1st place - Newton North PTSO ($10,000)
- 2nd place - Centre Street Food Pantry ($8,000)
- 3rd place - Second Step ($6,000)
- 4th place - Newton Schools Foundation ($4,000)
- 5th place - West Suburban YMCA ($2,000)
During the initial round, nominated Newton charitable organizations had until October 7 to submit an application with an explanation of how it would use the funds. Then, eligible groups encouraged supporters living in Newton to vote, choosing their preferred recipient on the Belmont Savings Bank Foundation website. After 25 days, votes were tallied to identify the top five charitable organizations. In total, over 2,800 votes were counted.
The remaining local charities were presented with a $500 grant, as well. Those recipients are:
- Boys and Girls Club of Newton
- Citizens for Affordable Housing in Newton Development Organization
- Facing Cancer Together
- Family ACCESS
- Jackson Walnut School
- Kesher Newton
- Meeting House Child Care
- Newton Athletes Unlimited
- Newton Community Pride
- Newton Wellesley Hospital Charitable Foundation
- Suzuki School of Newton
The role of the Belmont Savings Bank Foundation is to support not-for-profit groups, institutions, schools and other organizations as a way of adding to the quality of life for people living in the communities in which Belmont Savings Bank serves. Since 2012, the Foundation has contributed over $600,000 to local groups in the Greater Boston area.